Home > RC Flight > Hard day for the Tiger Moth

Hard day for the Tiger Moth

September 14, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

Top tip. Micro Tiger Moth can not handle camera.

Crashed on take off and did some pretty heavy damage.

We did a field repair job and I did go flying again but on the second flight my GoPro camera slipped off of my head distracting me enough that I ended up crashing again.

A quick visit to the local $ Store for some supplies and then a repair session.

It was a pure nose dive crash. Damaging the cowl area. We glued and epoxy filled the cracks at the field.

IMG_6852

But this is the 3rd time I’ve had the struts come off. We had used epoxy on them but my 2nd crash of the day undid that.

IMG_6853

Other wise for a plane that got hammered today.

IMG_6854

She’s in good shape. I applied some thin pieces of tape to seem on the right side.

IMG_6855

Close up of the damage from today.

IMG_6856

$Store epoxy.

IMG_6858

I had to remove all the old glue and epoxy to ensure the new job was strong.

IMG_6859

 

Used my hobby knife and very slowly chipped away.

 

IMG_6860

Epoxy time.

IMG_6861

While I let the epoxy set in I #’d my 1S.

IMG_6862

Makes logging and usage easier.

IMG_6863

I’ll let the epoxy set over night and in the morning she’ll be flight ready.

IMG_6864

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s