Home > RC Flight > Tiger Moth Motor Mount Repair

Tiger Moth Motor Mount Repair

September 15, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

After successfully repairing the damage from Saturday a new problem presented itself this morning at the air field.

The motor had broken away from the mount and was bouncing all over the place.

We attempted a field fix with CA glue but it worked itself free after 4 flights.

So this afternoon the Tiger Moth went under the knife.

First order was the remove the tape from the last nights repairs. I did remove some red paint but I can touch that up later.

IMG_6874

Popsicle stick is a nice way to keep the area open.

IMG_6875

That is the motor mount.

IMG_6876

So over the plane goes. Some tape rolls to keep the controls safe.

IMG_6880

Motor in place and hot glued.

IMG_6882

Having a wide opening is important other wise the glue gun tip can/will melt the foam.

I used a stick to force the motor down onto the glue/mount.

Make sure to hold it in position till dry and solid. Also watch the gears.

IMG_6883

Taped and back together. She’s a war bird. Can’t look to pretty.

IMG_6884

I also noticed today my tail was out of centre.

IMG_6885

I worked with the control rod to adjust that.

IMG_6886

Got it closure to where I wanted it.

IMG_6887

Wont know till I fly again.

IMG_6888

That is it for the next 2 weeks. Next weekend we are racing.

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s