Home > AJR-48, RC Flight > AJR-48 Short & Slim Flies

AJR-48 Short & Slim Flies

November 30, 2013 Leave a comment Go to comments

In the morning I tested the weight reduced modifications.

It flew but was still tail heavy!

So after that flight I cut 2″ off the tail and re-did the nose firewall.

Much better.

– The first job was to remove the tail from the body.

IMG_7839

– Based on the FT Spitfire I opt’d to remove 2″.

IMG_7840

– Then I inserted 2 pieces of foam I could keep the structure solid and had something to glue to.

IMG_7842

– Made sure to align and check the angle on the tail.

IMG_7844

– Picked up a few grams of weight over but that is due to nose mods.

IMG_7850

– I put on a full piece of wood to ensure the motor had something beefier to be glued to.

Increased nose weight which was wanted. Motor now points down and to the right.

IMG_7851

– Painted the underside of the wings to help me see it better.

IMG_7852

– Tail to firewall 32″ just about 35″ with the motor gear.

IMG_7853

– Post flight. I need to glue the rudder section. It was misaligned.

IMG_7856

– Also checking for water/snow issues.

IMG_7857

– The tape traps the snow so I will remove and paper that sections.

IMG_7858

– See the water build up. So all the new sections will get MinWax’d tonight.

IMG_7860

Advertisements
  1. No comments yet.
  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s